Big Wool Day Out - Science & Sustainability in Textiles (PL1820)
Photo: Planeeta Maa by Soile Marita from Ravelry
DATTA VIc and the National Wool Museum are delighted to announce details of our 2018 Big Wool Day Out - and it's even bigger and better than before! Join us for this fantastic professional learning opportunity for primary and secondary teachers on Science & Sustainability in Textiles.
How can textiles keep sailors warm, protect motorcyclists, stop bullets and tell us if we have the flu?
These are just some of the topics you'll find out about at at the Big Wool Day Out 2018!
- Discover the world of future fabrics with Christopher Hurren from Deakin University's Institute for Frontier Materials
- Take part in an upcycling project perfect for the classroom with Lincraft's Zowie Moselen
- Follow the journey of a sustainable Top Designs Textiles project with Sophia Loughrey (ex Catholic College Geelong)
- Learn new skills in working with wool that you can take back to the classroom
- Explore the museum and the 2018 Scarf Festival Exhibition - Living on the Land
- Network with textiles teachers from throughout Victoria, sharing tips and ideas and discovering new sources of support
"I was extremely satisfied...the sharing of ideas, resources and sources of materials was most helpful." E.B. Big Wool Day Out participant
Thursday 21st June
10am - 3.30pm
The National Wool Museum, 26 Moorabool Street, Geelong 3220
$199 for members (includes lunch)
$299 for non-members (includes lunch and DATTA Vic membership)
$99 for students (includes lunch and DATTA Vic membership)
Thanks to Australian Wool Innovation/The Woolmark Company and Deakin University for their invaluable support for this program.
DATTA Vic Cancellations & Refunds
DATTA Vic will refund the full fee less an administration cost if you cancel 4 or more working days before a workshop, seminar or conference and 50% of the fee if you cancel 1 to 3 days prior to the event.
If you register but do not attend without cancelling prior to an event you will be charged the full fee unless a medical certificate is provided.