DESIGN DISRUPTION / MAKERSPACE - the DATTA Vic 2020 conference
DATTA Vic is delighted to announce our end-of-year conference - an event combining an exciting virtual program of workshops and seminars with a day of small-group, hands-on teacher masterclasses running throughout Victoria.
DESIGN DISRUPTION (December 4) virtual conference
This conference celebrates the power that human-centred design has to disrupt. It can shake-up the status quo and promote equality of access for all people. It can change behaviours and attitudes around the way we produce and consume resources. Coupled with new technologies, design offers individuals and small-scale collectives the means to collaborate and innovate like never before. The Design & Technologies curriculum opens up this world to our students, challenging them to consider a sustainable future for our society, and to achieve it through generating ethical and innovative design ideas.
- a keynote presentation from Dr. Leah Heiss, an award-winning designer and RMIT researcher who works at the nexus of design, health and emerging technologies. Her previous work includes biosignal sensing emergency jewellery and swallowable devices to detect disease
- explore the world of Titomic, an Australian company leading the way in Kinetic Fusion using advanced materials and additive manufacturing technology and boasting the world's largest 3D metal printer in the worldg
- discover how the Internet of Things (IoT) is revolutionising food and fibre production with Warren Lloyd, the innovator behind SuniTAFE's SMART Farm
- learn how our students can address the climate crisis through sustainable design with Dr. Mark Richardson on Monash MADA
- join Tim Clarke from Mentone Grammar School as he takes us through an engaging 3-D printing program for Year 7
- new to teaching Design & Technologies or Systems Engineering? Sulagna Monga offers practical advice to get you started, from engaging activities ideas to must-have materials
- hear how students can combine emerging technologies and real-world problem solving with Seven Vinton and Geelong Tech School's Covid-19 Face Mask Challenge
- experience how the latest technologies are changing the world of fashion design
MAKERSPACE (December 5) small-group, hands-on teacher masterclasses
MAKERSPACE is a series of small-group, practical masterclasses for teachers running in various locations in Victoria and Tasmania. Choose from a variety of themes, ranging from rapid prototyping and jewellery making to merino production and emerging technologies. More than anything, MAKERSPACE celebrates the importance of hands-on learning and the power of shared experiences. Highlights include:
- Hands-on Jewellery Making - Telling Stories in Silver with Sarah Kellet in Melbourne
- Emerging Technologies Tech Taster day in Geelong
- Sustainability in Textiles at ACCA
- Advanced Manufacturing with Titomc and Monash Unversity
- From Forest to Furniture - a wood working masterclass with Mark and Liz Grech in Wangaratta
- From Sheep to Sweater - experience a working Merino farm in the Macedon Ranges
- Renewable Energies Masterclass in Gippsland
Tier 1 - Friday 4th December, DESIGN DISRUPTION virtual conference - Members: $149, Non-Members: $249*
Tier 2 - Friday 4th December, DESIGN DISRUPTION virtual conference + MAKERSPACE masterclass - Members: $199, Non-Members: $299*
Tier 3 - receive recordings of DESIGN DISRUPTION virtual conference keynotes and all workshops - Members: $99 Non-Members: $199*
GREAT MULTIPLE ATTENDEE DISCOUNTS FOR SCHOOL MEMBERS ONLY:
2 ATTENDEES RECEIVE A 5% DISCOUNT
3 + ATTENDEES RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT
*includes individual DATTA Vic membership 2021
Information for Sponsors and Advertisers
Please contact Laura at email@example.com for further details.
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training for their support for DATTA Vic's Teaching Applied STEM in Design & Technologies program
DATTA Vic Cancellations & Refunds
DATTA Vic will refund the full fee less an administration cost if you cancel 7 or more working days before a workshop, seminar or conference, and 50% if you cancel 1-6 days before the event. If you register but do not attend without cancelling prior to the event you will be charged the full fee unless a medical certificate is provided.