A Beginners' Guide to Tinkercad (PL2137)
THIS SESSION IS NOW FULL. NEW DATE COMING SOON
This 2-part webinar will offer participants an introduction to TinkerCAD as well as teaching strategies for using it in the classroom with students.
TinkerCAD is a great introduction to CAD and is very intuitive. It has been designed with the classroom in mind and is suitable for both primary and secondary students. This webinar series is suitable for beginners and beginner to intermediate teachers and by the end, participants will have the resources and confidence to use TinkerCAD in the classroom.
The webinar will be facilitated by Shang Wang, a Stem educator at Whittlesea Tech School as well as the founder of Tinker Steps, an innovative 3D printing service designed for teachers.
In this hands-on webinar series teachers will be learning CAD skills through mini design challenges and will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Teachers must have set up a free Tinkercad account from www.tinkercad.com prior to the workshop, and have tested it ahead of time. Please note that we do not have capacity within the workshop to troubleshoot set up problems, so please let us know ahead if you have issues with the download and we'll do our best to help. Participants must also ensure they have a mouse and PC/laptop - this workshop does not cover Tinkercad on iPads.
- TinkerCAD capabilities
- Setting up class accounts
- Teaching strategies such as blended learning and setting design constraints
- Hands on design projects that can be used with students as well
- Navigation around TinkerCAD
- Applications of essential tools
- Designing moving parts
- Q and A session
- Through the Tinker Steps web app, we can print and deliver the models you have created in the webinar for free
- Ready to use teaching resources to be used in with students
- 4pm - 5.30pm, Tuesday 9th November
- 4pm - 5.30pm, Tuesday 16th November
Via Webex. Link provided on booking
- Members: $75
- Non-members: $105
- Students: $45
DATTA Vic Cancellations and Refunds
DATTA Vic will refund the full fee less an administration cost if you cancel 4 or more working days before a workshop, seminar or conference and 50% of the fee if you cancel 1 to 3 days prior to the event.
If you register but do not attend without cancelling prior to an event you will be charged the full fee unless a medical certificate is provided.