- Makers Empire have created a range of free 3D Design Challenges for Students that focus on helping people affected by COVID-19. They include a Parents' Guide, Teachers' Resources and 10 3D Design Challenges
- Our friends at Pakronics are offering our members free access to a range of instructional webinars, including sessions on Coding with Python, Micro:Bit and Arduino. Quote Pakronics052020 on checkout. Thanks Pathik and team!
- Maryann Augustinus has shared a great TinkerCAD and 3D Printing project for beginners. Watch the YouTube Tutorial on the TinkerCAD keychain, and then use the associated 3D Printing Research Task and Rubric
- David Fletcher has shared a tutorial on CREO 4.
- Steph Porrino sent us a worksheet on Onshape which includes video tutorials and activities which can be completed from home.
- Me3D is offering free access to teachers for their online courses in 3D printing. Their website has a great range of resources too
- Autodesk offers free software for students, and their Design Academy has a bank of curriculum resources which you can access for free when you join
- Damien Cameron suggested these self-paced online video tutorials on Fusion 360.
- Sketchup School - the Definitive Guide to Getting Started
- Aaron Powter has shared an amazing range of Fusion 360 tutorials - Click on the links below to watch.
Travis Burroughs has shared the instructional videos that he's creating for his students on Fusion 360:
- Craig Watson has sent us these great series of video tutorials on design projects using SketchUp:
- Adirondack chair
- Adirondack chair
- Bluetooth speaker
- Laser cutting Bookends
- This PBS Special Report on how 3D printing is spurring advances in manufacturing and design
- Check out this video from Chicago's Automate 2017, which explores indistrial robotics
Interested in advanced manufacturing in the textiles industry?Maryann Augustinus has shared these great YouTube videos :
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training's Strategic Partnerships Program for their support for DATTA Vic's Teaching Applied STEM in Design & Technologies initiative
Disclaimer: These resources the work of practising teachers or education providers, who have shared them in good faith and for general information only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of DATTA Vic, nor do DATTA Vic endorse the accuracy or suitability of the information for any particular purpose. Note that this material has not been verified by VCAA. Responsibility in response to the material must be accepted by users. For VCE, teachers must refer to the mandatory documents in relation to the VCE Product Design and Technology/Systems Engineering study designs from VCAA, which are available online and updated every year. For safety information, teachers must consult the relevant OHS Hazard Management section of the department's website.