DESIGN DISRUPTION - the DATTA Vic 2020 virtual conference
DATTA Vic is delighted to announce our end-of-year conference - an online event featuring incredible keynote presentations and a virtual program of seminars exploring the disruptive power of design.
This conference celebrates the power that human-centred design has to disrupt. It can shake-up the status quo and promote equality of access for all people. It can change behaviours and attitudes around the way we produce and consume resources. Coupled with new technologies, design offers individuals and small-scale collectives the means to collaborate and innovate like never before. The Design & Technologies curriculum opens up this world to our students, challenging them to consider a sustainable future for our society, and to achieve it through generating ethical and innovative design ideas.
The program features a range of exciting workshops from educators and industry professionals, including;
- a keynote presentation from Dr. Leah Heiss, an award-winning designer and RMIT researcher who works at the nexus of design, health and emerging technologies. Her previous work includes biosignal sensing emergency jewellery and swallowable devices to detect disease
- a second keynote presentation by Holger Dielenberg from Space Tank Studio, the recipient of two Good Design Awards in 2020. Space Tank is a makerspace, product incubator, training provider and prototyping studio. Their unique mission is to give ‘Australian Made’ a new heartbeat by helping local designers and innovators build new to market products that have global potential
- explore the world of Titomic, an Australian company leading the way in Kinetic Fusion using advanced materials and additive manufacturing technology and boasting the world's largest 3D metal printer in the worldg
- discover how the Internet of Things (IoT) is revolutionising food and fibre production with Warren Lloyd, the innovator behind SuniTAFE's SMART Farm
- learn how our students can address the climate crisis through sustainable design with Dr. Mark Richardson on Monash MADA
- join Tim Clarke from Mentone Grammar School as he takes us through an engaging 3-D printing program for Year 7
- new to teaching Design & Technologies or Systems Engineering? Sulagna Monga offers practical advice to get you started, from engaging activities ideas to must-have materials
- hear how students can combine emerging technologies and real-world problem solving with Seven Vinton and Geelong Tech School's Covid-19 Face Mask Challenge
- experience how the latest technologies are changing the world of fashion design
Tier 1 - Friday 4th December, DESIGN DISRUPTION virtual conference - Members: $149, Non-Members: $249*
Tier 2 - receive recordings of DESIGN DISRUPTION virtual conference keynotes and all workshops - Members: $99 Non-Members: $199*
GREAT MULTIPLE ATTENDEE DISCOUNTS FOR SCHOOL MEMBERS ONLY:
2 ATTENDEES RECEIVE A 5% DISCOUNT
3 + ATTENDEES RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT
*includes individual DATTA Vic membership 2021
Please contact Laura at email@example.com for further sponsorship opportunities with DATTA Vic
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training for their support for DATTA Vic's Teaching Applied STEM in Design & Technologies program
DATTA Vic Cancellations & Refunds
DATTA Vic will refund the full fee less an administration cost if you cancel 7 or more working days before a workshop, seminar or conference, and 50% if you cancel 1-6 days before the event. If you register but do not attend without cancelling prior to the event you will be charged the full fee unless a medical certificate is provided.