- Click HERE for the F-10 Victorian Design & Technologies Curriculum
- Click HERE for the VCAA's Curriculum advice area for Design & Technologies. You'll find information here on curriculum planning, assessment & reporting
- Click HERE for F-10 D&T Curriculum Mapping documents
Click HERE for past exam & exam reports in VCE PD&T
Click HERE for the Rubrics/Performance Descriptors for Unit 3, Outcomes 1 & 2 and Unit 4, Outcome 1
Teachers can access a modified score sheet for the School-Assessed Task HERE. It should help with marking and the due dates for the different elements
There’s never been a better time to register your students for the Wool4School design competition.
If you need inspiration yourself, download the Teacher Booklet or Modified Booklet and adapt the lessons into your classroom. Don’t forget further resources are available on the website to help inspire your students.
This year we’re asking students to design an outfit inspired by flora and fauna and incorporating fibres which are gentle on the earth. Naturally, the hero fibre will be wool. Read the full design brief here.
Click HERE to Register your students.
Edulists - subscribe to Textech, the textiles teachers' email forum group
Members can log-in and click HERE to download a range of presentations for our previous conferences
Members can log in and access our annual journal Technotes HERE. Technotes is packed with articles, interviews, project outlines and lesson plans, and is an invaluable resources for Design & Technologies teachers.
All Free Sewing - a great site for tutorials, patterns and how-to videos
Click HERE for a great YouTube video on the use of CAD/CAM in textiles manufacturing
Sign up to Pinterest for thousands of free, online tutorials on textiles design
E-Textiles & Wearable Technologies
Project Jacquard - an amazing wearable technologies project, demonstrating the potential of weaving using conductive yarns
- www.sewelectric.org/diy-projects/- a fantastic wearable technologies site with simple project guides
Instructables has a fantastic range of ideas and how-to guides for e-textiles
Clever Clothes - a great resource from the Design Museum on how wearable technology is changing our world
Sparkfun has an online tutorial for insulation techniques for e-textiles
Textiles Technologies in Society/Sustainability
Visit our Textiles & Society page for a range of resources you can use in your classes
- Primezone provides teachers with access to a range of primary industries education resources - great for Food & Fibre projects!
Woolwise - the Australian Wool Education Trust has a range of education resources on wool
Australian Wool Innovation Limited has resources for young people interested in a career in wool
DuPont Textiles & Interiors introduces Tactel® illuminae, an innovative family of yarns, offering new opportunities to achieve highly desirable visual effects such as lustre, iridescence, two-colour stripes and jacquard patterns
- DuPont Tools lists all Dupont fibres and a section on end uses.
- Fabric Link gives details of innovative discoveries in fibres and fabrics
- Click HERE for a list and description of fabric care symbols
- Lenzig has information about cellulose-based fibre production
- Click HERE for the Podcast: Cotton and the environment - naturally coloured cotton (no transcript available)
- Click HERE for the Podcast: Recycling denim by Burlington (no transcript available)
- Cotton classroom - educational resources for students and teachers about growing and manufacturing cotton
- Click HERE for Cotton fibre production research
Health and Safety
Swinburne Design - courses, careers and competitions