FREE Wolfram SystemModeler webinar for Systems Engineering Teachers (PL1966)
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority is working with DATTA Vic to deliver FREE professional learning for Systems Engineering teachers on the Wolfram SystemModeler program.
This webinar is a recap of our previous workshop run earlier in the year, which explored more advanced skills in the use of the software, and covered more explicitly how it can be used with teaching the VCE study design .
Presenters Colin Chapman and Christopher Simpson will offer a recap on the following topics:
- integrating Arduino and SystemModeler and Raspberry Pi
- developing interactive, multimedia digital records of achievement [portfolios] using Mathematica
- modelling mechanical systems using SystemModeler and Mathematica
- modelling electronic feedback systems using SystemModeler and Mathematica
- indicator by indicator breakdown for the School Assessed Task [SAT] and opportunities for SystemModeler and Mathematica
- using SystemModeler and Mathematica for rich School Assessed Coursework [SAC] activities and demonstrations of achievement
4pm – 6pm
Thursday 12th December
Delivered via webinar (details provided on booking)
Colin Chapman and Christopher Simpson
Free but booking is essential
Please note - Access to this software is available to install in schools and on teacher and student-owned computers. Information for how teachers in government, Catholic and independent schools can access the Systems Modeler licence can be found HERE. It is recommended that teachers speak to their school’s technician to get the software downloaded onto their laptops. Teachers participating in this webinar should have access to their laptop with software already downloaded onto their device.