DATTA Vic is compiling a list of resources to encourage all students, no matter their gender, identity, ethnicity or disability status to engage in Design & Technologies and STEM.
Got any great idea for projects or useful links? Please send them to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org and share them with your teaching colleagues!
The Girls in STEM Toolkit (GiST)
GiST is a fantastic resource to engage girls in STEM. It's packed full of activities, resources and lesson plans, with content designed for students, teachers and families.
The STELR Project - Women in STEM
THE ATSE STELR Project has produced some fantastic resources to encourage girls to pursue further education in the STEM fields. These include:
- A series of video profiles featuring female role models and entrepreneurs from STEM fields, which include engineers and roboticists
- A Women in STEM poster
- A Careers in STEM worksheet that will encourage students to research STEM careers
- An Entrepreneurship Workbook featuring women who have started their own businesses
- Made By Me is a website designed to make engineering exciting and relevant to young women and encourage them to study STEM subjects
- Engineer Girls is an interactive website from the USA showcasing engineering as a career for girls
- The Ten Greatest Women in STEM from Interesting Engineering
- Nine Legendary Women Designers of History
- 25 STEM Women You Should Know
- Questacon have a website on Girls in STEM, with a range of resources to engage young females
- AKORN Educational Services run some fantastic programs to engage girls in STEM and Technologies with a humanitarian focus
- Robogals Melbourne aim to increase femal participation in engineering and technologies through hands-on activities delivered in schools
Project Jacquard - an amazing wearable technologies project, demonstrating the potential of weaving using conductive yarns
- www.sewelectric.org/diy-projects/- a fantastic wearable technologies site with simple project guides
Instructables has a fantastic range of ideas and how-to guides for e-textiles
Clever Clothes - a great resource from the Design Museum on how wearable technology is changing our world
Sparkfun has an online tutorial for insulation techniques for e-textiles