Members of DATTA Vic include primary and secondary teachers, principals, consultants, tertiary educators as well as business and industry groups.
We welcome anyone with an interest in design and technologies, engineering, electronics, emerging technologies, textiles and STEaM education.
Benefits of Membership
- free resources
- free virtual teach meets running throughout the year
- discounted teaching materials, professional learning and conferences
- access to support and advice on teaching Design and Technologies
- contact with many other involved teachers and the chance to network
- be part of an organisation who advocates on behalf our our members and learning area to federal and state government and the wider education community
- the opportunity to contribute to "TECHNOTES" our journal, in order to share information, ideas, concerns and knowledge and to be kept up to date
- links with National Associations through its representation on the Design And Technology Teachers’Association Australia (DATTA Australia)
DATTA Vic Mission
Design and Technologies is an area of the curriculum that applies the Design Process, and uses tools and materials (with new technological knowledge) to create products, services and environments.
DATTA Vic represents Design and Technologies Teachers (including Systems Engineering, STEM, Textiles, Electronics, Auto & Primary teachers) in education throughout Victoria.
DATTA Vic is a non-profit organisation that was formed in October 1987. Since our humble beginnings as a group of like-minded teachers of Technology we have grown to a membership of over 1300 educators.
The DATTA Vic committee consists of volunteer members and two part-time paid office staff.
We hold annual conferences and facilitate various Professional Learning workshops throughout the year.
DATTA Vic Annual Reports for DATTA Vic members