SUCCESS WITH SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - a masterclass program for teachers
FREE FOR SELECTED DATTA VIC MEMBERS/BANYULE NILLUMBIK PARTNER SCHOOLS
*DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRUICTIONS, THIS PROGRAM WILL NOW BE DELIVERED IN JANUARY 2021
Systems Engineering offers a great way to deliver STEM learning opportunities that equip young people with the skills they'll need for a global, technology-driven and flexible future.
However, Victorian schools are facing barriers to succesfull delivery, including dropping numbers of student enrolments at VCE and a lack of qualified teachers in the Design & Technologies learning area.
Our Success with Systems Engineering program has three aims:
- To explore ways to attract and retain more young people – in particular girls – in Systems Engineering
- To offer support to low SES schools to set up VCE Systems Engineering as a senior subject
- To upskill teachers from existing STEM areas (Design & Technologies, Physics, etc) to deliver engaging and relevant Systems Engineering programs
Applications are open now to participate in this teacher masterclass, which will run in the term break from 21-25 September.
Numbers are strictly limited, and those who meet the following criteria will be given priority:
- Teachers who are a DATTA Vic member/Banyule Nillumbik Partner School member
- Teachers from a school with low-SES status
- Teachers from a rural/regional school
Applications should be submitted by C.O.B August 31st.
Please note that a resource pack from this program will be available to all Victorian schools once completed to support the delivery of Systems Engineering. If this pilot is succesful, we hope to repeat the program in future.
This program is a partnership between DATTA Vic and the Banyule Nillumbik Tech School
Colin Chapman and Anthony Gasson
9.30am - 4pm
25-29 January 2021
Banyule Nillumbik Tech School, Greensborough
|Thanks to Google for their support for this program through their Educator Professional Development Grant Program|
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training for their support for DATTA Vic through the Strategic Partnership Programs Fund.