- You can take a virtual tour of the Australian National Surfing Museum
- Interesting Engineering has shared a guide to Science & Technology Museums you can tour virtually
- The NGV may be shut, but you can still take a virtual tour of the Collecting Comme exhibition
- Day of STEM is a virtual exploration of careers in STEM. Students can take a self-guided, interactive journey into the future and live a day in the life of STEM leaders
- Students can explore the surface of Mars with the Curiosity Rover
TOP DESIGNS 2020 is now live! Your students can take a virtual tour through the exhibition, view products and folios and watch interviews with exhibitors. Congratulations to all the amazing students (and their amazing teachers!) whose work was selected.
- The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museums, E-Learning and Online Collections
- The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences has a great online bank of design icons from their collections. The objects were chosen for their innovative approach, and creative use of technology and problem solving. They highlight how user experience is shaped by continuously evolving technologies and design.They also have excerpts from student folios in Indistrial Design and Design & Technology- but please note that these are from the NSW curriculum
- You can explore Cern's Hadron Collider with Google Street View!
- The Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A) is the world's leading art and design museum, and has a wonderful website featuring their collections, including fashion, costume, jewellery, hats, shoes, knitting and textiles. Prepare to get lost for an hour or two!
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training's Strategic Partnerships Program for their support for DATTA Vic's Teaching Applied STEM in Design & Technologies initiative
Disclaimer: These resources the work of practising teachers or education providers, who have shared them in good faith and for general information only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of DATTA Vic, nor do DATTA Vic endorse the accuracy or suitability of the information for any particular purpose. Note that this material has not been verified by VCAA. Responsibility in response to the material must be accepted by users. For VCE, teachers must refer to the mandatory documents in relation to the VCE Product Design and Technology/Systems Engineering study designs from VCAA, which are available online and updated every year. For safety information, teachers must consult the relevant OHS Hazard Management section of the department's website.