"Tinkercad is a free web application for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It is the perfect introduction to CAD and is very intuitive. It has been designed with the classroom in mind and is suitable for both primary and secondary students. This professional learning session is suitable for beginners and beginner to intermediate teachers and by the end, participants will have the resources and confidence to use Tinkercad to design products with their students."
This 2 hour session is centred around developing modelling skills for Laser Cutting, 3D printing and contemporary CAD/CAM manufacturing in the classroom.
- How to use Tinkercad basics
- Setting up class accounts
- How to use for 3D printing and laser cutting
- Hands on design projects that can be used with students
- Navigation around Tinkercad
- Applications of essential tools
- Set up your own education account on Tinkercad - https://www.tinkercad.com/join
- Ensure you have PC/laptop - this session does not cover Tinkercad on iPads.
- It is optional to have a mouse to use with this application.