WELCOME TO NATIONAL DESIGN & TECHNOLOGIES WEEK 2022 IN VICTORIA & TASMANIA!
When: Monday 17th - Sunday 23rd October 2022
Where: In schools throughout Australia!
How will you celebrate National Design & Technologies Week?
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGIES WEEK WEBSITE
Design and Technologies Week is a national celebration of all things D&T that takes place every year in schools throughout Australia. It's THE time to promote our fantastic learning area, showcasing the creative, innovative and challenging work your students are engaged in – to colleagues, principals, families and the wider community.
The Design & Technologies Week website is filled with resources to help you engage your students - including design challenges, engineering activities, virtual tours, STEM projects industry podcasts and much, much more!
Over the coming weeks, DATTA Australia will be adding brand new resources which you can use with your classes, including:
- Speculative Design Challenges
- Minecraft City Design Challenges
- Virtual Tours with the Robin Boyd Foundation
- Careers in Design & Engineering Tookits
and much more!
And for Victorian and Tasmanian schools, it's a great chance to organise an incursion to our wonderful partners!
- Visit the NGV to explore the very best of their contemporary art and design collections
- See the Mini Mega Model Museum at Melbourne Museum and marvel at the tiny worlds on show
- Celebrate the work of Australia's most notable architect at the Robin Boyd Foundation
- Take a trip to Design Tasmania in Launceston and see the work of the finest local makers
- Learn about Indigenous food and fibre on a walk through Millari Gardens at Melbourne Museum
- Visit Tasmania's Sustainability Learning Centre, who offer a wide range of education programs for all ages
- Your students will love Swarm, the latest exhibition at Science Gallery Melbourne, which explores human behaviour, connection and society
- Take a trip to Sciencework's Think Ahead exhibition and see how technology will change how we live in the future.
Please do register if your school is taking part - it's great for us to know how many students are participating, and we'll be keeping in touch to see how your school has been celebrating!
Thanks to the Department of Education & Training for their support for this initiative through their Strategic Partnership Program